West Hollywood Air Duct Cleaning
The quality of indoor air in your home is important, and it is essential to have a clean HVAC system to maintain not only a comfortable living space but also a healthy environment for your household. Additionally, a dirty air duct system does not perform efficiently so cleaning it will definitely improve its performance leading to energy cost savings and a cleaner home.
West Hollywood air duct cleaning professionals inspect the ductwork and check for airborne contaminants such as dust, dirt, debris, animal dander or pollen that are drawn into the HVAC system every time air conditioner or furnace is used. Contaminants build up inside the ducts over time, making the system a reservoir for the development of harmful microorganisms including molds, bacteria, mildew and fungus.
Imagine the air laden with these contaminants circulated over and over throughout your home because of dirty ducts. It is not surprising to think then how indoor air can affect your family’s comfort and health. If any family members suffer from allergic reactions or have respiratory ailments, they would be susceptible to the effects of poor indoor air. The elderly and children are vulnerable, too.
For this reason, many health experts see the value of regular air duct cleaning as well as West Hollywood vent cleaning, West Hollywood dryer vent cleaning and West Hollywood furnace cleaning as long as these services are done properly by certified technicians who have received the necessary training and have passed strict evaluations.
How often do you need air duct cleaning?
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends West Hollywood air duct cleaning if the ducts have vermin infestation, which would also require the services of a licensed pest control company, and if the ducts are blocked with large amounts of particles such as dust or debris that are circulated through the vents into the home.
Molds in the Ductwork
West Hollywood air duct cleaning is also necessary if the ducts are contaminated with significant mold growth inside the hard surfaces or on other HVAC components. If the West Hollywood air duct cleaning contractor tells you there is mold in the ducts, don’t just take his word for it. Ask him to show you where the mold exists.
In most if not all cases, only a certified microbiology specialist can determine mold positively. Lab analysis may be required to obtain final confirmation. If the air duct insulation is moldy or wet, remove and replace it. There is no way to clean the insulation material effectively so mold growth is guaranteed. Remember that molds need moisture to develop, so any condition causing a damp environment in the ductwork must be resolved prior to West Hollywood air duct cleaning.
Working with a Trusted Contractor
Should you opt to go ahead in hiring West Hollywood air duct cleaning professional, the EPA recommends hiring a contractor who is a member of the National Air Duct Cleaners Association. In the state of California, duct cleaning companies must have a special license to operate. Ensure you choose a licensed and certified air duct cleaning West
Hollywood contractor. Make it a point to check the customer references of the company you are considering hiring. You can also check with the Better Business Bureau or the local consumer protection department if any complaints were lodged against an air duct cleaning West Hollywood contractor.
Before the West Hollywood air duct cleaning professional arrives, you can do the following to prepare your home or to ensure good service:
- Make sure there are no objects obstructing vents, furnace areas and stairways.
- Provide a basin that the technician can use for cleaning the equipment.
- Inform the West Hollywood air duct cleaning technician if you are aware of any mechanical problems with your HVAC system or if it was improperly installed so precautionary measures can be taken.
- Have extra fuses ready just in case of a blow out if your house does not have a circuit breaker.
- Note that if you have painted vents, paint may chip off from the vents when they are unscrewed during West Hollywood air duct cleaning so prepare the exact paint you want the technician to use to touch up the vents.
- Have a filter ready if you want the technician to change your system’s filters after the West Hollywood air duct cleaning is completed. Filter changes are recommended but make sure the replacement fits the system properly.
- Expect additional charges because it is possible that not all vents in the system were accounted for when the initial estimate was done for the West Hollywood air duct cleaning service.
Lastly, obtain a written agreement that outlines the job’s scope and total cost before any work starts. Make sure you understand everything before signing the contract.